- Course Title:
- Bacterial Infections and Drug Use
An introduction to bacterial infection and drug use.
The e-learning course will give a brief overview of bacterial infection and various outbreaks. It gives participants the opportunity to explore harm reduction information relevant to bacterial infection. The course will provide an overview of the main signs and symptoms which practitioners should be aware of and will encourage participants to think about and develop a response relevant to their services.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recall different types of bacteria often associated with drug use
- Explain how bacterial contamination can occur in the context of drug use
- Describe harm reduction information for bacterial infection in the context of substance use
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of bacterial infections
- Produce an effective response to potential outbreaks which can be implemented in your service