PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO STAFF WORKING WITHIN THE GLASGOW AREA
This introductory half day training course aims to increase workers' knowledge and awareness of key issues relating to drug use in Scotland.
By the end of the session delegates should be able to:
- Identify a range of reasons why people use drugs.
- Describe the current patterns of drug use.
- Recognise the potential impact of staff attitudes to substance use on their practice with people who use substances.
- Recall the most commonly used drugs in Scotland and state their legal classification.
- Understand and explain the harm reduction rationale and list examples of protective and risk factors for people who use substances.
Health, Social Care and Voluntary Organisation staff who work in the community in non addictions settings who wish to increase their knowledge and awareness of drug issues.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO PRE-COURSE READING MATERIAL FOR THIS COURSE
MATERIAL WILL BE HANDED OUT AT TRAINING