PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO STAFF WORKING WITHIN THE GLASGOW AREA
This one day training course aims to increase workers' knowledge of issues relating to drug use and enhance awareness of the support needs and the rage of services for those experiencing drug related problems.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Name the 7 key drug categories and their main effects/side effects.
- Recall current drug trends, patterns of use and key drug issues being identified in the field.
- Explain key reasons why people use substances.
- Describe the signs of problematic drug use and what action to take - what support to offer and when and where to refer/signpost.
- Recognise the impact of stigma and staff attitudes on service users seeking and gaining support.
- Understand and explain prevention and education, harm reduction and resilience strategies that can be used to support service users.
Health, Social Care and Voluntary Organisation staff who work in the community in non addictions settings who wish to increase their knowledge and awareness of drug issues.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THERE IS NO PRE-COURSE READING MATERIAL FOR THIS COURSE
MATERIAL WILL BE HANDED OUT AT TRAINING