This e-learning module has been designed to meet the needs of workers who come into contact with people who may use New Psychoactive Substances (sometimes known as Legal Highs).
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Name the seven categories of substances which apply to NPS.
- Recall the legislation affecting NPS and where to access further information on the legal status of individual substances.
- Recall current and emerging trends with regards to NPS in Scotland.
- Give an overview of two key substances in use.
- Identify techniques to support users of NPS.
- Describe typical patterns of use, including poly-substance use.